|Treatment for Autism|
There is no cure for autism; however, with appropriate treatment and education, many children with autism spectrum disorders can learn and develop. Early intervention often can reduce challenges associated with autism, lessen disruptive behavior and provide some degree of independence.
Treatment depends on the needs of the individual. In most cases, a combination of treatment methods is more effective. Autism spectrum disorders may require lifelong treatment.
The different types of treatments can generally be broken down into the following categories:
- Behavior Modification
- There are several methods of behavior modification that are used to treat inappropriate, repetitive and aggressive behavior and to provide autistic people with skills necessary to function in their environment. Most types of behavior modification are based on the theory that rewarded behavior is more likely to be repeated than behavior that is ignored. This theory is called applied behavior analysis (ABA).
- Behavior modification often involves highly structured, skill-oriented activities that are based on the individual’s needs and interests. It usually requires intense, one-on-one training with a therapist and extensive caregiver involvement.
- Sensory integration therapy is a type of behavior modification that focuses on helping people with autism spectrum disorders cope with sensory stimulation. Treatment may include having the individual handle materials with different textures or listen to different sounds.
- Social interaction is often affected by limited emotional development that is common in autistic people. Play therapy is a type of behavior modification that is used to improve emotional development, which in turn, improves social skills and learning. Play therapy involves adult-child interaction that is controlled by the child.
- Social stories can also be used to improve undeveloped social skills. Stories are designed to help people with autism spectrum disorders understand the feelings, ideas and points of view of others or to suggest an alternate response to a particular situation. They also may be used to help people with autism understand and cope with their own feelings. Behavioral therapists can teach caregivers how to develop social stories.
- Communication therapy is used to treat autistic people who are unable to communicate using pictures that represent ideas, activities or items. The individual is able to convey requests, needs and desires to others by simply handing them a picture.
- Some dietary treatments have been developed by reliable therapists. But many of these treatments do not have the specific support needed for widespread recommendation. An unproven treatment might help one child, but may not help another.
- Many biomedical interventions call for changes in diet. Such changes include removing certain types of foods from a child’s diet and using vitamin or mineral supplements. Dietary treatments are based on the idea that food allergies or lack of vitamins and minerals cause symptoms of ASD. Some parents feel that dietary changes make a difference in how their child acts or feels.
- The Tole Acupuncture and Herbal Treatment have developed an approach in treating autism. They call it Tole’s Neuro Acupuncture Treatment and Special Neuro Herbal Powder Alternative Medicine Treatment. General guideline will propose to manage the child’s problematic behavior. Parents will understand how to cope with autism children during the session. The treatment session vary between individuals but most notice significant improvement on the first week of intensive treatment. Full recoveries are usually achieved between 60 days to 6 months of intensive treatment.
- This treatment is base on Traditional Chinese Medicine which relies mainly on natural healing heavily relying on herbs. Chinese physicist has huge experience and knowledge in treating autism with the combination of acupuncture and herbs. Evidence of his effectiveness is proven with the numbers of patients seeking his services from all around the world.
- Parents are guided on what to do and what not during the treatment. This will realign the kid and reducing the autism once and for all. Treatment can start by taking the special herbal brain powder first before deciding to undergo the full treatment. The powder can be ordered through the website. Once decided to undergo the full treatment, better inform the Acupuncture and Herbal center so they may arrange the accommodation and other necessary.